In CT, churches are considered to be an essential business that is engaging in life-sustaining activity and legally allowed to operate at 25% of maximum occupancy. Our plan is to open our building for our 9:30 and 11:00 am services beginning June 21st with the ability to host up to 100 people per service. Registering to attend a service will be required so that we can maintain allowed occupancy.
Everyone will have three options to choose from on Sundays during the month of June:
· Worship at home with your family with the online broadcast.
· Worship in a HOME WATCH PARTY with the online broadcast.
· Worship in our building live, either in the sanctuary or in one of our overflow spaces.
After reviewing current CDC guidelines and the state’s recommendations, we will be implementing extra safety and sanitation procedures in order to protect everyone attending our services.
We plan to have dedicated entry and exit points, defined traffic patterns, ongoing sanitization in all areas before and after each gathering, and an adjusted seating plan to accommodate reasonable spacing between family households.
In accordance with the governor’s executive order, face masks or cloth face-covering need to worn in all common areas, but may be removed once you are safely seated for worship.
You can expect a TOUCHLESS EXPERIENCE.
● We will hold doors open for you.
● We will not pass out connection cards, pens, worship guides or the offering containers, etc.
● We will do our very best to create a clean, safe and secure gathering for everyone involved.
● We will not be serving food or drinks in our building.
● The people who call LifeWay their church home have a strong sense of community. It is not uncommon, prior to quarantine, to see people hugging and
shaking hands all over our building. During this time, we ask that you refrain from shaking hands and hugging.
● The seating in the sanctuary and overflow rooms will be properly socially distanced (of course you can sit closer together with your own family).
● We are not going to open up Kids Church and nursery in the buildings.
We are working on a plan as to when all Childrens’ ministries can happen at a later time. At some point, in the summer months, we hope to go back to church as normal.
Please know that in all of these phases of re-opening, we will continue to offer full worship experiences online for anyone who chooses not to attend in person for any reason.
As we’ve said over and over during these past two months, the church is not a building. LifeWay Church has continued to experience God, live connected, discover purpose and make a difference throughout this time thanks to technology. Now, it’s exciting to begin to gather together as a church family in-person.
These plans are subject to change as the situation develops. More information will be on the way soon. Stay tuned! We are believing the best days are ahead for our church!
March 20, 2020
Key Reminders from Pastor Steve’s video
1. Our church is not gathering together physically in the building. Please join us worshipping online at our regular times at 9:30 and 11:15 AM (Changed to 11:00 AM as of 7/6/2020) live on Facebook
2. If you are unable to join us on Facebook, you can call in on Zoom and listen to the service. Dial 1-646-558-8656, Meeting Code: 427-319-177#
3. We will be posting a Children’s Church video on Sunday morning on our YouTube
page for our kids to have their own service.
4. The links for both the live service and Children’s Church will be posted on our church website
5. If you have not already liked our Facebook
page, please do so. You will be notified when we go live.
6. While we are not meeting, you still have the opportunity to give online via tithe.ly
. Go to lifewaych.com/give
or download the Tithely App and search for LifeWay Church, Newington
7. Small Groups – All of our leaders have been given access to Zoom
will be communicating with each of their groups as to how to join life group online. You can download the Zoom app or call in with the number you are given.
8. Don’t forget to reach out to your friends and family and stay connected during this time.
9. If you have a prayer request you can share it in the chat on Sunday during service or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Don’t forget to pray for each other, our first responders and government leaders and for our church!
11. The church is not a building, WE ARE THE CHURCH!
March 14, 2020
After much discussion and consultation, the leadership team has decided to move forward with our regularly scheduled services at 9:30 and 11:15 AM (Changed to 11:00 AM as of 7/6/2020) this Sunday.
Our community is small enough and our building spacious enough to follow all the recommendations of health officials and the Governor.
In addition, the President has called a special National Day of Prayer this Sunday the 15th. Meeting together will give us the opportunity to lift all those impacted by Covid-19 in prayer and to encourage one another.
When fear is high, we need things that ground us. But, no one should feel like they must come physically, as they can join us via a live stream that will be posted Sunday morning to our LifeWayCh.com site and hosted on our LifeWay Church Facebook page.
Here are the precautions and recommendations we are making:
• We have ramped up our cleaning and disinfecting routines throughout the building, before after and in-between services.
• We are recommending all to follow the CDC guidelines including:
-Frequently washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol (we will be providing hand sanitizer throughout the building).
-Avoiding touching your face.
-Avoiding physical contact like hugging, kissing, and shaking hands.
We are also asking ALL PEOPLE who are sick (with cold or flu-like symptoms) or those who have a compromised immune system to enjoy our livestream from home. A link will be posted Sunday morning to our LifeWayCh.com site and hosted on our LifeWay Church Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/lifewaych/
For the One,
The LifeWay Leadership Team.